19.10.11

_angry gay (grrr...)

You know what gets me angry? Like, really lights a fire under my ass? Actually sets my hairy motherfucking chest on fire and riles me up to the point that I can't control the vases flying and the incoherent back and forth between crying and yelling? Welp, nothing anymore. BUT some things do really rock my stability and those include the following:

1. poor editing on production's part
2. ignorance
3. the lack of follow-up

So here we go, come with me on the magically frustrating journey of the post-show wrap/real life rant/general misfortunes that befall the handsome hunk of brawn, brains and beast that is myself.

1. CMON, GUYS. REALLY? I mean, my hair literally changes from short to long throughout the episode. I get it, its a story line, but shouldn't that story line somehow come into play with my receding hair line. OUCHSKIES, Dr. Frank, Mr. Sweeney, can't you control your rogaine-ness? Guess not. I expected a little better, BMP.

2. IGNORE-ANTS. Ants are not my fav and they are very difficult to ignore. I mean, I already have them in my studio apartment here in sunshiney, rainbow-y WeHo, and they are harder to get rid of then that one hook up who just doesn't get it and feels the need to make eggs in the morning, grab a coffee with you and casually, mistakenly, undoubtably lying-ly not find their car so that they can pine on you for just a few more seconds in the unforgiving morning sun.

Sidenote: why the fuck would you want to look at what you rode the night before? Seems...weird. One night stand: mornings not included.

Ignorance, however is a whole 'nother blue ball game. I can't stand it. Because you know what ignorance leads to? Ignorance leads to intolerance, ignorance is a synonym, in my dick-tionary, of close-mindedness and ignorance leads to stereotyping whole populations that are comprised of very unique individuals who do not deserve to be labeled, categorized or boxed in. In fact, that is exactly what lead me to using the term "Angry Gay" on tonight's episode.

The "Angry Gay" is a longstanding stereotype that is often forced onto a person, despite their originality or their individuality. I.E. Me in the Real World house.

Let's get something straight (hah), I am not an angry person. I absolutely have issues with defensiveness and oversensitivity, but I am far from an ornery, mean, crotchety old twenty two year old.

Facing intolerance, ignorance, stereotypes and let's bake it all together and call it what it is, HATE, is never an easy thing. Being bullied is not something to take lightly, nor is it something that we are prepared emotionally to deal with.

I can write articles like the previous one all day, but who am I to sit here and preach if I do not practice my own theology. Well, that is exactly what I mean when I say the "Angry Gay." I refuse to be cast into that mold, I refuse to take on any persona that is not undeniably my own and I refuse to be anything but positive. It's the love and the positivity that make changes, not just changes for the betterment of the gay-straight alliance, but for the general betterment of our community. Our community as twentysomethings, as Americans and as global citizens. (Preachy, I know, but you're stil reading it)

The "Angry Gay" is a negative. I am a positive (but not HIV positive - whole 'nother post). SO SUCK IT (safely, of course).

3. WHY IN THE WORLD IF YOU ARE "FRIENDS" WITH SOMEONE DO THEY NOT FOLLOW UP WITH YOU? ITS A PARADOX THAT I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND.

Having said that, the worst kind of friendship is a one-sided one. If I have any regrets at all, it is being caught up in a bad bromance and not seeing the light. I will not be stepped on, nor will I be used as a stepping stone to make you look better.

#allsimsayinis don't use and abuse your friends. Reciprocate relationships, open up to communication, and FUCKING ANSWER TEXTS.

*sighs*

*sips drink*

*prepares to go out and get it in*

xoxo
-angry gay

4 comments:

  1. Just wondering... was this whole post leading to the point where your friend isn't answering your texts?
    You did bring up some good points though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totes agree with you on a couple of things you said. Like answer texts? If you want to be a good friend answer the fucking text as opposed to just ignoring you OR not being straight forward with your intentions. Ignorance is horrid. Etc Etc. Good luck with your friend Frankieeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, <3 the hell outta you Frank (and it's not just the stirring you cause my pants talking X3). You're beyond awesome, f*ck the hater and MTV's lackluster storytelling skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't for a moment label you as 'The angry gay'.

    The 'angry Frank Sweeney' label, however, appears rather apt.

    If I were to be so presumptuous as to give you advice, Frank... it would be to lower your expectations of other human beings. We're just a bunch of apes, after all.

    ReplyDelete